Daily Announcements for Monday, August 10, 2020
The first day of school for the 20-21 school year will be Monday, August 24, 2020. Can you believe that is 2 weeks from today?!?
Students who have officially re-enrolled will be sent all school year information sometime during the week of August 17. It is imperative that you watch your email because VLA login information, first day activities, calendars, and an opening letter will only be sent via email.
Don't forget -- if you want to continue with GOVS next year, it is your responsibility to re-enroll! See registration information below.
Registration for Returning Students is now open!
- Students who are eligible to return for the 2020-2021 school year have already been contacted individually. You have received exact dates & times for re-enrollment, along with the username and password you will need to access the website.
- This is ONLY for students who are returning to GOVS, meaning you ended the last school with us. If you ended the 2020 school year with GOVS, you are guaranteed a spot for next school year as long as you register within the timeframe.
- If you are NOT a returning student (you were withdrawn from GOVS at some point last school year, or you went to a different school last year), your only option is to fill-out a form to be placed on our Wait List. This includes students who might have been at GOVS at one point.
- For more enrollment information, including a link to our Wait List, please CLICK HERE.
Do you need to make an appointment?
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the GOVS Office is closed to all non-staff members. If you need to come in and talk with us for any reason, we need you to make an appointment.
Please call the office to make an appointment with one of our front office staff.
Call: 513.695.2924, option 1 for English, then option 0 to be transferred to the front desk.
If you have to leave a voicemail, please give us your name, phone number, and a reason why you need an appointment.
- Returning students may keep any borrowed equipment over the summer.
- Students who do not plan to attend GOVS next year may return equipment by appointment only. No walk-ins, please. See above.
- If you just graduated and have equipment to return, and need to pick-up your diploma, please see above.
- If you have any equipment that is not functioning properly, please follow the same instructions above to exchange.
**Please make sure the equipment is charged and ready to be inspected, if applicable.**
Congrats to the class of 2020! If you haven't watched the Virtual Graduation Ceremony yet, links are below!
From Mr. Lenney, GOVS Executive Director:
Congratulations to Greater Ohio Virtual School teacher, tutor, and Student Support Coordinator Chuck Merk for receiving the Project Excellence Award. Each year the Area Progress Council honors outstanding teachers from each school in Warren County. Teachers are nominated throughout the year and a committee selects a teacher from each district to receive the award and be honored at a ceremony at the end of the year. The banquet is currently postponed indefinitely but Mr. Merk will be recognized as the Greater Ohio Virtual Schools 2nd ever recipient of the award.
GREAT JOB Mr. Merk!