Wow, what a crazy year it has been. Yet, here you stand, with the strength of your hard work and everyone who has supported you during this difficult time and all the years leading to this point. We are beyond excited to celebrate you this year!
This year, House Bill 67 was signed into law. This legislation ensures that testing will not keep any student who meets district curriculum requirements from graduating this school year. This is wonderful news and will hopefully provide some relieft to those of you who were experiencing anxiety about your testing status.
In order to graduate:
- Meet Coursework Requirements
- Students must earn a minimum of 20 credits in specific subject areas.
- The final deadline for work completion is 11:59pm on Friday, May 28, 2021. Students may choose to be processed for graduation before that time, however, if all work is complete.
- A final grade of 60% or better is required to earn credit in a class.
- Units left incomplete after the date and time above will be assigned a zero and averaged into final grades.
- Most seniors have been assigned all classes that they need in order to graduate. For students who are behind on credits, there is still time to complete your scheduled work and contact Mrs. Manchak to have more added so that you may graduate this year. Again, testing will not keep you from graduating for this school year only.
- Contact Mrs. Manchak
- When assigned coursework is compelte, email firstname.lastname@example.org or send a text to 513.409.4094
- A complete graduation check will be performed, and you'll be notified of any additional steps. Some students, based on career advisory history, will need to complete two short career assessments through Ohio Means Jobs.
- Be Processed as a Graduate
- GOVS will withdraw you as a graduate.
- No additional attendance is required.
- You will be issued a diploma with the rest of your graduating class in June.
- More information will be forthcoming regarding Chromebook returns, cap/gowns, the senior salute, and the graduation ceremony.
To honor and CELEBRATE our graduates, GOVS has a Senior Salute!