GOVS provides two tutoring options:
- Virtual Tutoring Lab
- Individual Tutoring
Virtual Tutoring Lab
Since Ohio Governor Mike DeWine has closed all school buildings, that included our tutoring labs. We know that most students do not need a one-on-one individual tutor.
Beginning on Monday, April 6, 2020, we will be having a virtual Tutoring Lab! This will use the same Google Meet (video chat) that the other virtual tutors work with and use.
Here is the schedule:
- Mondays from 12:00pm--2:00pm
- Tuesdays from 6:00pm--8:00pm
- Wednesdays from 10:00am--12:00pm
- Thursdays from 3:00pm--5:00pm
There will be two different types of virtual labs -- one for MATH and one for everything non-math (English, Science, Social Studies).
GOVS also can provide an Individual Tutor if you think you will need some intensive tutoring. Students can have up to five hours of free tutoring per week.
CLICK HERE to fill-out the Individual Tutoring Request Form.
Note: it may take a few days to fill your tutoring request, so it's imperative that you give us the best contact information.
How to get to the virtual lab:
- You must be logged into Google using your @mygovs.com email account. If you are using a GOVS Chromebook, you are automatically logged in once you open the lid. If you are using your own computer, go to www.gmail.com and sign-in with your @mygovs.com email account & password.
- If you complete your GOVS work using a smartphone or a tablet, you will need to download the Hangouts Meet app. See the bottom of this page for info on how to get the app.
- Click on one of the links below. There will be 1 or 2 different virtual "rooms" for the subject areas.
- You can pick whichever lab you want. Try the first one. If there are too many students in there, exit out of that chat, come back to this page, and click on a different chat room.
- If you have any issues with trying to connect to a virtual lab, TEXT the GOVS main texting number: 513.409.1879 and we will do our best to troubleshoot.
Virtual Lab CODES for _
Lab is from _
||English, Science, and
|Room #1 with
||Room #1 with
|Room #2 with
Accessing Google Meet on a smartphone or tablet:
Note: you can also access the virtual labs by downloading an app for your smart phone -- iPhone users should open the App Store and search for Hangouts Meet. Android users should open the Google Play store and search for Hangouts Meet.
The icon looks like this:
Once you download the app, remember that you have to sign-in using your @mygovs.com email account, or else you won't be able to get in.