Individual Virtual Tutoring
GOVS offers free Individual Virtual Tutoring to all its students. Students can have up to THREE (3) hours of tutoring a week to start with. If the student wants additional hours, we can increase that total.
We plan on offering both Face-to-Face & Virtual Tutoring this school year - but that can changed based on the pandemic and guidance from the Warren County Board of Health & the GOVS Board of Directors.
CLICK HERE to fill-out the Individual Tutoring Request Form.
Note: it may take a few days to fill your tutoring request, so it's imperative that you give us the best contact information.
Drop-In Tutoring Lab
GOVS has drop-in Tutoring Labs at our new Student Center in Mason!
Drop-in means you do not have to register to attend - nor do you have to sign-up - all you have to do is come with your computer and be ready to get help from some amazing tutors!
We have Tutoring Labs every day of the week - mornings, afternoons, and even an evening:
- MONDAYS from 10:00am-12:00pm
- TUESDAYS from 2:00pm-4:00pm
- WEDNESDAYS from 6:00pm-8:00pm
- THURSDAYS from 2:00pm-4:00pm
- FRIDAYS from 10:00am-12:00pm
All Drop-In Tutoring Labs are in-person at the GOVS Student Center in Mason.
Located in Wing B-3 of Western Row Elementary School, 755 Western Row Rd., Mason, OH 45040. Once you get to the school complex, follow the green GOVS signs - we are in the back-left corner of the building.
If you have any questions about the labs, please email Mr. Merk (GOVS Student Support Coordinator) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
VIRTUAL TUTORING PROCEDURES
- GOVS Tutors will be using Google Meet as their main virtual tutoring platform.
- You must be logged into Google using your @mygovs.com email account. If you are using a GOVS Chromebook, you are automatically logged in once you open the lid. If you are using your own computer, go to www.gmail.com and sign-in with your @mygovs.com email account & password.
- If you complete your GOVS work using a smartphone or a tablet, you will need to download the Hangouts Meet app. See the bottom of this page for info on how to get the app.
- A few minutes before your scheduled tutoring session, your tutor will email you (or text you) the unique Google Meet URL to access the video chat. Students cannot create these links.
Accessing Google Meet on a smartphone or tablet:
Note: you can also access the virtual labs by downloading an app for your smart phone -- iPhone users should open the App Store and search for Hangouts Meet. Android users should open the Google Play store and search for Hangouts Meet.
The icon looks like this:
Once you download the app, remember that you have to sign-in using your @mygovs.com email account, or else you won't be able to get in.