Welcome to the GOVS STAR Testing signups for Session #1 (aka the first test administration).
Students who have been with GOVS for a few years knows that we used to have MAP tests. Students took a reading and a math MAP test on their first day with us, then another administration later in the school year.
The Ohio Department of Education has replaced MAP testing with STAR Testing.
What do you need to know about STAR Testing:
- All students in grades 9, 10, 11, and 12 (seventh and eighth grade do not test) will have to take a STAR test in reading and a STAR test in mathematics.
- These tests are designed to determine a student's reading/math level.
- GOVS Students will be taking the first round of STAR testing during the week of March 8, 2021.
- GOVS Students will take the second round during the week of May 3, 2021 -- which will show how much a student improved in both these subjects.
GOVS will be offering the first round of STAR testing during the week of March 8, 2021. More info below. Due to the pandemic, we are limiting the number of signups for each test session.
This is for YOUR SAFETY & our staff's safety. There will be a max of 20 spots for each 2 hour test window.
We will be implementing some Covid 19 protocols for entry into a test session:
- Students must wear a mask during the test session. Either bring your own, or one will be provided for you. If you refuse to wear a mask, you will not be allowed to test. No exceptions.
- Students will be socially distanced during the test session, and will be sitting no less than six feet from another student.
- All equipment & furniture will be disinfected after each testing session.
ALSO -- as with all testing that GOVS administers -- we will reimburse you for traveling to our testing location with a $10 Speedway Gas card!
All testing will be located at the former Western Row Elementary School in Mason, Ohio. There is additional location information at the bottom of this page.
Please make sure click on every link and every picture.
GOVS will be having THREE days of STAR testing.
Each day has 2-hour test sessions for students to complete both the reading & the math STAR test.
Students only need to sign-up for ONE 2-hour session. They will not need the entire 2 hours, but we wanted to provide time for our staff to clean/disinfect each room prior to the next group starting.
Here are the days/times for STAR testing (note that Wednesday has late sessions until 8:00pm):
- Monday, March 8, 2021
- Tuesday, March 9, 2021
- Wednesday, March 10, 2021
Due to Covid 19 protocols, all students must sign-up for a testing session. Remember, you will be taking botht the reading & the math STAR test during this 2-hour session.
These spots will go quickly, so sign-up now.
As explained above, each 2-hour session has a MAXIMUM OF 20 signups.
GOVS has over 450 students in grades 9-12, so these sessions will fill-up fast.
Please click the link below to sign-up:
GOVS STAR Testing 1st Round SIGNUPS
Western Row Elementary School Information
All GOVS Testing will be at the former Western Row Elementary School in Mason, Ohio.
The address is:
755 Western Row Rd.
Mason, OH 45040
If you'd like driving directions from your location, please CLICK HERE.
Please click on each picture below and it will open up a bigger copy.
Western Row Elementary has other schools using parts of the building. DO NOT ENTER THE FRONT ENTRANCE. Follow the maps below.
Enter the back parking lot off of Snider Road, and drive all the way to the end and turn left. You will see a GOVS Staff Member outside the door.
Main Map of Western Row Elementary
The GOVS Testing Wing is in the "back left" corner
Enter the door at the end of hallway, come inside