- If you are graduating this semester, and did not receive the Graduation Information letter in the mail, CLICK HERE for a copy.
- In the letter, you will find:
- Final steps to take with your classes.
- Graduation Ceremony information (time and place etc.).
- Senior Luncheon information.
- How to get your cap/gown/tassel/lawn signs.
- If you have a GOVS Chromebook laptop and/or a MiFi unit, you must return it before June 7. If you do not return it, you will not get your diploma. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT ANY ITEMS AT THE GRADUATION CEREMONY.
- The deadline for class completion on VLA is 11:59pm on Wednesday, 5/22/2019
- NO EXTENSIONS will be granted to students.
- Any units left incomplete will receive a grade of zero that will factor into the final grade earned.
- All classes that were assigned to student will receive a grade even if the student did not attempt class/units.
- If the class is reassigned for the following school year, the student will continue where they left off (if possible). The grade earned will be recorded for the final grade based on unit completion.
- Hard copy report cards will be mailed out mid-June.
- Will a student be promoted to a higher grade automatically? Student will continue the progression based on when they entered GOVS. Student may be credit deficient but still be "considered" an 11th grader but has only earned enough credits to be considered a 10th grader.
- If a student returns to their home school, that school will decide what grade the student will be placed in; most likely decided by age vs. grade in school.
If you plan on returning to GOVS next year (the first day of school is August 21, 2019), there are some VERY IMPORTANT and VERY DIFFERENT changes. Here is a summary; more information is down the page.
- If you have one of our MiFi wireless units, you need to bring it up to GOVS for a security update. Otherwise, it will not work in the fall once school starts back up.
- You can keep your Chromebook throughout the summer. Those will be reactivated on the first day of school next Fall. There is no need to turn-in your Chromebook.
- Previously, GOVS required a paper Returning Student Enrollment Packet. This is not the case any longer.
- Re-enrollment will be completed online through a Returning Student Gateway.
- Every returning student will need to complete an online orientation on VLA & take a MAP test before your regular classes will be unlocked.
- Each student will have a new username & password for VLA. This will be emailed to you on August 1.
Yes, that is a lot of information to process. Lots of changes. Thank you to the parents who came up to one of our ONE STOP sessions. We were able to re-enroll close to 100 students for next fall. If you were unable to attend a ONE STOP session, do not worry -- we will be posting the link to re-enroll your student sometime later this month. When the link goes live, we will blast out the information.
Questions? Please Email us at GOVSenrollment@warrencountyesc.com