GOVS is fully committed to every student's safety and well-being.
That’s why we’re using the STAY SAFE. SPEAK UP! Student Safety Reporting System.
CLICK HERE to watch a video about this system.
Stay Safe. Speak Up! allows students, parents, and staff to submit safety concerns to school officials.
It is not required to give your contact information while reporting an incident. It would help us to follow-up on the incident. However, every effort will be made to protect the due process rights of all victims and all alleged perpetrators.
HOW TO USE THE STAY SAFE. SPEAK UP! SAFETY HOTLINE:
Students (and their parents) can easily report tips on bullying, harassment, drugs, weapons, thoughts of suicide, or any other concern which may jeopardize the safety of students, employees, or school property. You should Speak Up! and promptly report the issue.
Every report received about GOVS is immediately logged into our system and our administration is notified so we can investigate and take appropriate action. Don't forget that tips can be submitted anonymously.
We will make every effort to handle and respond to every charge and complaint filed by students, parents, and employees in a fair, thorough, and just manner.
Use any of the following options to report an issue:
- Phone. Call 1-866-547-8362 and either talk with a live attendant or leave a message. When talking with the live attendant, you have the option of being forwarded to one of the following national hotlines:
- 911 - Urgent Response
- National AIDS Hotline - AIDS/HIV
- National Runaway Switchboard - Homeless or Runaway
- NINELINE Hotline - Relationship issues involving peer/parent; alcohol/drug abuse
- RAINN Hotline - Sexual assault; domestic violence; physical abuse
- Suicide Crisis Center Hotline - Suicide Prevention
- Mobile App. Download the Stay Safe. Speak Up! mobile app. You can report any safety concerns from your smartphone using the app.
- Online. Click on this button to access the online form:
Your voice matters, and we are counting on you to help us make the Greater Ohio Virtual School a positive environment for all students.
We are confident that Stay Safe. Speak Up! will enhance communication, ensure a swifter response to school safety concerns, and make our district a safer place to work and learn.
We appreciate your support.