Welcome to the Senior Info Page! Here's everything that the Class of 2020 needs to know!
As we approach the end of the 2019-2020 school year, our thoughts are with our students and their families in this trying time. We are doing our best to navigate uncharted territory and hope to maintain our standards, make decisions that are in the best interest of our students, and allow for a measure of flexibility. We appreciate your understanding and patience.
As we have already announced, state-mandated standardized testing has been cancelled for the remainder of the school year. On Friday, March 27, 2020, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine signed House Bill 197 into law. This legislation ensures that testing will not keep any student who meets district curriculum requirements from graduating this school year. This is wonderful news and will hopefully provide some relief to those of you who were experiencing anxiety about your testing status.
Please understand that there will continue to be some uncertainty as we move forward, but that we will do our best to update our students of changes and develop some innovative ideas (if necessary) so that we may fully celebrate the accomplishments of the Class of 2020!
In order to graduate:
- Meet Coursework Requirements
- Students must earn a minimum of 20 credits in specific subject areas.
- The final deadline for work completion is 11:59 p.m. on May 28, 2020. Students may choose to be processed for graduation before that time, however, if all work is complete.
- A final grade of 60% or better is required to earn credit in a class.
- Units left incomplete after the date and time above will be assigned a zero and averaged into final grades.
- Most seniors have been assigned all classes that they need in order to graduate. For students who are behind on credits, there is still time to complete your scheduled work and contact Mrs. Wall to have more added so that you may graduate this year. Again, testing will not keep you from graduating for this school year only.
- Some students have already completed all coursework but were waiting on testing or working through an alternative pathway. These students will be processed as graduates at this time.
- Contact Mrs. Wall
- When assigned coursework is complete, email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 513-695-2924, Option 1.
- A complete graduation check will be performed, and you’ll be notified of any additional steps. Some students, based on career advisory history, will need to complete two, short career assessments through Ohio Means Jobs.
- Be Processed as a Graduate!
- GOVS will withdraw you as a graduate.
- No additional attendance is required.
- You will be issued a diploma with the rest of the graduating class in June.
- More information will be forthcoming regarding Chromebook returns, caps & gowns, the senior luncheon, and the graduation ceremony.
|Graduation Requirements for the Class of 2020
- What you have to complete in order to earn a high school diploma
- Contact Mrs. Wall (12th grade counselor) if you have any questions