Text Options for the Visually Impaired Font Size: a- A+ Color: A A A Revert 
Close vision bar
Open vision bar

Work Study & Work Permits


Do you have a job?

If so, did you know that GOVS has a Work Study Program?  Students who are in the Work Study Program can get offline hours (towards their 25 hours per week requirement) and get elective credits.

CLICK HERE to fill-out the application to be in Work Study.


If you have any questions about the program, please email the Work Study coordinator, Mrs. Melody Goodwin, at melody.goodwin@warrencountyesc.com

Work Permit

If you are a student and need a minor work permit, there are a few things you need to do before bringing the form(s) to GOVS to fill-out.

Please follow the steps below:

  1. Download a copy of the work permit pre-application form HERE.  You can then print and fill-out.  Take this to the potential employer and have them fill-out the "Pledge of Employer" section.
  2. Students also need to have a physical performed by their family doctor.  Download a copy of the Physician's Certificate HERE.  Take this with you when getting the physical and have the doctor fill-out.
  3. Bring BOTH FORMS to the GOVS office and one of our front office staff will create the work permit for you.

Please note:  the student will need to come up to the office when turning in the forms -- they have to sign the work permit in the presence of our staff.

Note:  GOVS will not issue a work permit to a parent without the student present.