Students completing the high school requirements of the Tech Prep program and meeting the scholarship qualifications are eligible to receive a $3,000 scholarship. Beginning fall semester following high school graduation, scholarship recipients may receive up to $750 per semester to cover tuition and books. Students must register for classes at Sinclair no later than the last day of late registration (in August) one year following their high school graduation in order to activate their scholarship. For example, a 2016 graduate may register for classes fall semester 2016, spring semester 2017, or fall semester 2017. Upon completion of at least one fall or spring term, the scholarship money may be used for summer terms. Once enrolled, students may use the scholarship for up to three years. http://www.mvtechprep.org/index.cfm/resources/scholarship-awards/
To Qualify for the Scholarship, students must:
· Earn a cumulative high school grade point average of 2.25 junior year and the first semester of senior year.
· Complete the high school Tech Prep program as designed and continue in that program or a related program at Sinclair College.
· Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) annually. Other financial aid must be used prior to using the Sinclair Tech Prep scholarship.
· Be enrolled a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester to be eligible for the full scholarship benefits of $750.00 per term. Enrollment for 9 to 11 hours will be pro-rated at $563.00 per term. Please note: The Tech Prep scholarship can cover books, but not tuition, for developmental (DEV) classes.
· Maintain good academic standing as defined in the Sinclair College catalog “Grades" section (i.e., a GPA of 2.0 or higher).