If so, here are some reminders, tips, and explanations that might help you to understand the changes implemented this year!
1. Save, Save, Save!!! There is still an automatic log out after 45 mins of inactivity but you must SAVE periodically to avoid the log out. Saving frequently is the only way to assure you don’t lose your work OR your hours!
2. You can’t accumulate hours on your student home page. You must be in one of your lessons in order to accumulate online hours.
3. Online and offline hours can’t overlap! You can’t claim offline hours during a time that you were logged into VLA working on a lesson. For instance, if you were logged into VLA working on a lesson from 1:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m., you can’t claim offline hours between those times! Offline hours can only be approved for completing work while NOT logged into VLA.
4. When claiming your offline activities, please use the “Description” box to describe the activity that you would like to receive credit for completing. The hours will not be approved unless there is a description of the activity in the “Description” box. The more detailed description of the activity, the better!
5. You may not accumulate more than 10 hours of combined online and offline hours per day.