In order to participate in the graduation ceremony, students must meet the following requirements:
- All required courses must be completed by 11:59 p.m. on May 24, 2018 with a final grade of at least a 60%. Incomplete units will be assigned a zero and averaged into final grades.
- Students must meet all testing requirements.
- A career assessment must be completed through Ohio Means Jobs.
- A school counselor will verify final eligibility for graduation.
Any senior who DOES NOT finish all graduation requirements by May 24, 2018, assuming he or she is under the age of 22, may return when school resumes in August to continue working toward a diploma. Check www.mygovs.com for “Welcome Back” packets.
Location: Urbancrest Baptist Church
2634 Drake Road
Lebanon, OH 45036
Date: Thursday, May 31, 2018
Time: 6 p.m. (Graduates are to arrive at 5:00 p.m. and report to the gymnasium)
- Senior Luncheon/Informational Session will be held for graduates on May 30, 2018 in the Greater Ohio Virtual School conference room at 12 p.m. Food and drinks will be provided to graduates. Students must have met all graduation requirements to attend this informational session. GOVS staff will be going over procedures for the graduation ceremony and issuing caps and gowns.
- Borrowed computers and equipment should be returned before noon on May 30th, 2018. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT ANY ITEMS AT THE GRADUATION CEREMONY.
- Caps/gowns/tassels will be provided at no cost to the graduate. These will be issued at the Senior Luncheon/Informational Session. If you are not able to attend the Senior Luncheon please contact the office at 513-695-2924 to make arrangements to pick up your cap and gown during regular office hours prior to graduation (pick-up can be no later than 12 p.m. on May 31st).
- Graduation lawn signs will be provided to graduates free of charge. You may stop in the office to pick-up a yard sign between 8-4 or get one at the Senior Lunch Informational Session.
- R.S.V.P. After a student has met all graduation requirements, he or she will be contacted to confirm participation in the luncheon and ceremony, along with number of ceremony guests.
- Optional: A slide show of graduates will run before and after the graduation ceremony. Three to five pictures of each graduate, ranging from baby pictures to recent photos, may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include the student’s name with all photos. Photos should be submitted to our office by 4 p.m. on May 25th, 2018.
- If fees are owed to a previous school district or you have not returned borrowed computer equipment, you will not be issued your diploma. You will be able to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Dress Code: Attire should be neat and clean.
- Use of alcohol/tobacco/drugs on church property is grounds for dismissal.
- No food or drink permitted inside the church.
Please contact our office at 513.695.2924 or email@example.com with any questions regarding the above information or to verify a student’s status.
Congratulations from the Greater Ohio Virtual School Staff!