Some highlights of the program:
- Early September: Warren County ESC and GOVS administrators will come to Miami to present their programs to EDT 190 and EDP 201 students.
- September 17 EDT 190 and EDP 201 students will travel together to Warren County ESC in Lebanon for an "immersion" experience. They will go to various facilities, meet with administrators, staff, and students, and learn more about their various programs.
- After the immersion experience, students will select which program they will participate in for the remainder of their service learning hours.
- Embedded in the two courses will be readings, discussions, and reflections on teaching and learning in non-traditional contexts. By combining EDT 190 and EDP 201, students will be able to engage with structural and psychological matters related to these teaching and learning experiences.
Attached is a photograph of some of the administrators who will be implementing the program:
- Mike Bidwell - Director, Warren County Alternative School
- Dr. Darrel Davis, Miami University
- Dr. Roland Sintos Coloma, Miami University
- Kevin Kincer - Superintendent, Mary Haven Youth Center
- Kim Sellers - Supervisor, Coordinated Care Services
- Brian Barot - Assistant Director, Greater Ohio Virtual School
- Shawn Lenney - Executive Director, Greater Ohio Virtual School
- Joseph Kirby - Judge, Warren County Probate/Juvenile Court
- Tom Isaacs - Superintendent, Warren County ESC
- Tony Miller - Superintendent, Juvenile Detention Center