You may click on the link below to fill out our "Contact Me" form to have a Greater Ohio Virtual School representative contact you or you may click on the “2018-2019 Enrollment Information” link at the top of the home page to download a PDF of our enrollment packet! Highlights of the Greater Ohio Virtual School are listed below!
Contact Me Link https://goo.gl/forms/5JLukfvvUt0FpXba2
Greater Ohio Virtual School Key Points
- The Greater Ohio Virtual School is a FREE on-line Public School
- The Greater Ohio Virtual School is sponsored by the Ohio Department of Education and is located at the Warren County Educational Service Center
- Each student is given a free Chromebook to complete coursework and a Verizon Wireless Hotspot is also offered for those who do not have wireless Internet. Students may also use their own computer and wireless Internet.
- All Greater Ohio Virtual School students are offered five hours of free tutoring per week. Tutoring can be done face to face at a public facility or at the Warren County Educational Service Center in Lebanon. Tutoring can also be done virtually via Google Hangouts, Facetime, or Skype.
- The Greater Ohio Virtual School offers a complete Special Education Department with full time teachers who service students with Individual Education Plans. Services can be delivered face to face at a public facility or at our facility at the Warren County Educational Service Center in Lebanon. Services can also be delivered virtually via Google Hangouts, Facetime, or Skype.
- The Greater Ohio Virtual School employs a full-time truancy officer who tracks attendance daily. Attendance is determined by on-line and off-line hours and each student is required to accumulate twenty-five hours of seat time per week.
- A Work Study program is available for all Greater Ohio Virtual School Students. Students who are working a full or part time job can now receive elective credit for their job along with hours that can be counted toward their weekly attendance totals.
- Greater Ohio Virtual School Students have the same testing requirements as all students in the state of Ohio and are required to attain the state minimum of 20 credits to graduate. To help with this, the Greater Ohio Virtual School employs two guidance counselors and a testing coordinator to monitor the eighteen testing points required for graduation and accumulation of appropriate credits. Review sessions are available for all students prior to testing.
- Students who are credit deficient can quickly make up lost credits due to the flexibility of the school. Classes are available twenty-four hours a day and seven days per week. Students are permitted to work ahead if they complete courses ahead of schedule.
- The Greater Ohio Virtual School is NCAA approved and offers College Credit Plus classes to those students who qualify.